Friday, January 8, 2010

Spiritual - God and the wheel


There's this pose, the wheel with one leg lifted (i'm not sure what the technical term is) that keeps me very focused and intent on getting it.  I keep trying and trying and no amount of push ups, mental pep talks, balancing tries...etc., have let me achieve this pose.  I want this pose, I need this pose, I will get this pose!!  So last night, after some cardio and crunches, I thought "i'm going to get this pose tonight!"  So there I go, getting on my back, willing my legs and my arms to carry me and up I go into a back bend.  As much as I keep trying to get my leg off the ground, it just won't go.  I pray please Lord...let me get it...and it still doesn't go up.  And so...I give up one more time, BUT... only until next time.  Now, I have to say that when I first started trying to get this pose, about 3 months ago, I couldn't even get into the back bend position.  Little by little, I started feeling the pose and eventually got in the wheel pose, but the leg just won't go up.  So I'm not sure how to get this pose, I try balance, mental, physical strength...not one of these things is enough.  This pose reminds me of how my spiritual life should be.  There should be no balance when it comes to God.  He is the one constant that I want to be in my every waking and sleeping moment.  There is no "balance" to how much I should love Him, because He loves me so much.  Mentally, I can't fit the Infinite into my finite brain, so I need to accept what He chooses to reveal of Himself to me little by little, day by day.  Physically, He provides for all my needs and give me beauty to gaze upon and my body to do yoga with, but ultimately this shell is His, His temple, not mine.  So I will keep trying to reach this pose, just like I will keep trying to walk in His righteousness and His will, but I don't have it all yet, and tomorrow I will try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment