Friday, January 1, 2010

The Matrix

I was watching the Matrix this morning and found how sad and unsettling the theme of the movie really is. I don't remember most of the movie since I saw it so long ago and this morning I only watched the part where Keannu (what's his name?  Nemo?) chooses the red pill over the blue one and this allows him to break out of his pod.  However, it did remind me of an article I read yesterday and how intricate and complicated man's free will is here on earth.  The article comes from a wonderful jewish website I found, it's www.aish.com (it has so many awesome lessons, anyone wanting more wisdom should really check this out!) and the article (http://www.aish.com/tp/i/m/48954241.html) talks about free will and how ultimately here on earth there is almost a sort of limited type of free will.  I guess this is really where my feeling of being "stuck" originated from.  I kept telling Victor how we are kind of "stuck" with each other (no matter how good the marriage is), because as Christians, our responsibility is to make sure that we represent God through our marriage.  So here on earth, it's kind of like a proving ground, we are given this "free will" so that if we choose to listen to God and really do what He says (which is the ONLY way we will ever be truly happy here) then we will be able to spend eternity with Him.  However, if we choose not to follow Him (which only leads to misery) then we won't get to spend eternity with Him.  So...do you see "the matrix"?  We have free will, but if you're a Christian, you really only have the choice to do what He says!  Which is great because this will lead to true happiness, but what happens to us is that Satan distorts this truth and starts telling us that we shouldn't choose God's way, we should do what feels good right now.  He is such a good liar!!  We are like sheep, dumb and stupid, and we fall for his lies sometimes.  The best part comes at the end of the article, because even though our free will here on earth is limited to God's way or our way...in eternity we will have true free will, but by the time we get there we will have proven our character and that we really do want to follow the Lord!  Thank you God for being such an awesome God...I hope everyone has a Great 2010 and I pray for His will for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment