Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Amount of Toys Doesn't Matter At The End

Today I had a very nice conversation with a coworker about all things Politics.  I must say it was rather cool to be able to hold my end of the conversation!  This is so brand new to me to be able to talk about politics.  I learned that Paul Ryan is the speaker of the House, Mitch McConnel is the majority leader in the senate and that is wife, Elaine Chao is the new transportation secretary.  Although I already knew that last one, I gained a little more information on what my coworker thinks of her.  I work at an airport, so this one particular appointment is important to us there at work.  I do appreciate that Trump has said that he wants our airports to be up to speed with the rest of the world and I would like to see that too.  I just don't know if he'll be able to do productive things during his time as president.  I see him as very unfocused, narcissistic, undiplomatic...blah, blah, blah...I'm not trying to speak ill of this person, I just don't see how he can be productive at what he's going to be required to do.  But I guess we'll all have to wait and see.  If he can appoint knowledgeable people then he can be a little successful.  I hope he gets the bad apples out, like that Steve Bannon guy seems like such a dark and negative figure.  Is it power hungry and good god, when is enough money, enough?  Would they like to be the only ones on this earth with money and with no other people as rich as them to interact with?  How boring would life be at that point?
  They still believe that the person with the most toys wins, I guess.  Sorry to burst your bubble but we all die in the end.  No one gets to stay.  
So you have all the money and the power..then what?  I've said it before and I'll say it now...money doesn't hug you at night.  Guess what?  You still have to sleep and be able to sleep with yourself at the end of the day no matter who you are.  Although, it seems that some people don't have the same conscience settings as mine and they seem to be able to sleep no matter what bad choices they make.  Good for them I guess.  As for me, I still have to feel good about myself at night and I like going to sleep with a clear conscience and a happy mind knowing I did the best I could that day.  I started reading this sweet little book The Secret of Letting Go by Guy Finley.  I like this author and his teachings.  He writes about the different negative spirits that want to gain life through us.  They can manifest as thoughts in our minds, or come to us through different people.  They are muckrakers, gloom and doom people or thoughts, the life haters, the mud dwellers.  It was a really good excerpt of this book...heres the link to the article.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  

I'm off now to view Catastrophe...omg I just started watching it and I'm enjoying it so much!  If you can you should watch it with  Amazon Prime.  You can get it free for 30 days.  I love it!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment