Thursday, December 1, 2016

Love the Reflections of Ourselves

So ever since Trump's crazy win, my mind has been on overdrive and I just analyze and analyze away.   I think about how this country obviously still has some growing and changing to do before we move on to our next step, and actually how this action, will spur growth and awareness.  At least I know it has done that for me.  I even thought of going back to school, but after finding out that my job won't pay for a second master's (hehe), I am reconsidering and I'll try to teach myself the things I want to learn.  I want to learn about cyber security, coding, networking, and maybe learn about quantum computing.  I've always loved technology and I love learning about our future in this field.  The growth in IT is soooo exponential, I just don't understand how we can keep up with it, but I'm sure going to try to learn as much as I can.  Other things that I have learned is that I can't let things disrupt my peace of mind.  I'm as ok as I've always been and I have to admit anxiety got the best of me.  However, I settled back down and with that I got a taste of what anxiety feels like and how debilitating it can be.  I came back with more compassion and empathy for people's state of mind in the face of the unknown.  It was so subconscious that I wasn't sure what was happening to me, but slowly but surely I came out of it.  I don't know if hormones had alot to do with it, but I think they might have.  I started eating better, exercising more, not watching the news and remembered that everything works out for our good.  I truly believe this to be true.  I don't think I'm an unrealistic optimist.  I just know that no matter what kind of painful or hard event that has come to pass in my life, somehow I've been blessed by it, learned something, grown from it.  That's my experience, so no need to start thinking it will change now.  I also started listening to this book called "Abundance".  It makes so much sense.  It talks about how the world is getting better not worse.  Our lives are longer, technology solves problems of humanity for us much faster, computers let us be connected to each other, how we should invest in bitcoin (hint, hint) ...etc.   So this really reminded me of how I really felt before the stupid election.  LOL.   I'm really interested on how this is all going to play out.  I think we might be in for a VERY bumpy ride in the next few years, but I think we can handle it.  We need to love each other.  We need to take care of each other.  We need to understand we are all one family.  We don't need to like each other, but we can respect each other and love the humanity that we see reflected back in each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment