Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Writing Wisdom

I've gone through a real rough time for the last 6 months (beginning in July with my miscarriage, after 7 years of trying to get pregnant) and I'm finally seeing the LIGHT!  I actually started with this strange feeling about 3 weeks ago, where I began to feel as though I was seeing the world from a birds eye vantage point!  It was so strange, I felt as if I could sense what would happen next throughout my day.  One of the first mornings when this began to happen, I texted my husband and just KNEW that he would not text me back (which is very uncharacteristic of him, he loves to text!).  I started panicking because I thought maybe it was a  premonition of something bad happening to him.  I started calling his work and finally got through to his boss, who told me that he was fine and he would have him call me.  He had forgotten his cell at home.  This was a relief, but I just couldn't shake this strange feeling of knowing more than I had known before.  I recently started running, meditating, praying and eating really healthy.  I honestly think this is what has triggered this "birds eye view" on life!  I love it!  However, I digress...I want to really search out wisdom and live my life to fulfill what it is that I've been put on this earth to do.  That is to love people and help them find balance in their lives.  I recently just found this out as well and I'm on a mission.  Part of this mission is to make sure I write this journey down and write down any pieces of wisdom that comes my way.  This weekend, I was meditating and praying and I recieved this insight:  If we don't appreciate what we have at this moment, it will be taken away.  So appreciate people and circumstances just the way they are now, because once it changes or they are taken away, we won't have any regrets about appreciating them to the fullest while we had them. 

Now I understand that some people will say...well, heck that's just common sense.  However, I know I was having a hard time doing this (still do sometimes during the day), but I'm working hard at appreciating every moment and being happy.  I wasn't happy for a while and you forget how to be happy when you're in such a dark place.  I forgot how to live in the moment and I'm able to do that again.  I forgot how to have peace of mind, how to have silence, how to embrace the life that I have and not want another life...I kept thinking that this life was not mine.  I was living in a very strange place and now I'm back.  Thank God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment